Slow-Cooker Chocolate Pots de Creme
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups hot water
- Whipped cream, grated chocolate and fresh raspberries, optional
- Place cream, chocolate and espresso in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high until chocolate is melted and cream is hot, 4 minutes. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar and salt until blended but not foamy. Slowly whisk in cream mixture; stir in extract.
- Ladle egg mixture into eight 4-ounce jars. Center lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip tight. Add hot water to a 7-qt. slow cooker; place jars in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until set, 4 hours. Remove jars from slow cooker; cool on counter for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, 2 hours.
- If desired, top with whipped cream, grated chocolate and raspberries.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 424 calories, 34g fat (21g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2019
I have not made the Slow Cooker Chocolate Pots De Creme yet, but this seemed to be the only way to ask my question, which is, Is there another way to make these without using a crock pot since mine is not large enough for 8 jars. Thank you.