Pots de Creme
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Apr 20, 2015
To My husband is the cook What does that word mean the Egg mean. I've never heard of that term before do you mean remove the ( Roosters part of the egg ) Sorry would not let me submit it with that in my review. or what would like to know. Other than that this is a wonderful dessert. Very rich and smooth. When I have company over I double the recipe.
Apr 18, 2013
smooth, delicious, and ridiculously easy to prepare!
Mar 25, 2013
Delicious & simple - my two favorite things! :)
Jan 27, 2012
I was afraid the serving portion wouldn't be enough for my husband...so I doubled his. Whoops! This is sooo rich. A little bit goes a long way. :)
Dec 8, 2011
So rich, like fudge on a spoon, I get a spoon full out once a day: ) If the egg cooks, just push through a seive, or strainer.
Dec 8, 2011
So rich, like fudge on a spoon, I get a spoon full out once a day: )
May 31, 2011
This is heavenly. The first time I made it, I used the thermometer but by the time it got to 160 it curdled. The next time, I didn't use the thermometer and used the spoon. Don't let it boil, is the key. Oh yeah, deboogie the egg first!
Mar 21, 2011
Oh my, decadent little wonder! Easy to make, but sooooo rich!
Feb 13, 2011
so good. so easy. so rich. we all loved it.
Feb 9, 2009
the first time I made this recipe was for company. Both the adults and the kids loved it. It was so rich you only needed a little bit but the kids didn't want to stop eating it. I got several requests for the recipe.