White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 3 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, chocolate and 2 tablespoons sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Pour into two 10-oz. ramekins. Place in a baking pan. Add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is set. Remove from water bath. Cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with remaining sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 854 calories, 62g fat (36g saturated fat), 488mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2013
I made this as a test for a larger group. It was excellent! My ramekins are only 4 oz. so this made 3 servings. I then quadrupled it and it made 9 ramekins. However, I had 3 similar but different size ramekins and it still worked It was a hit with our guests. I do have the torch, so that helped. I put a small amount of readi-whip just on one side over the crust. Great!
Feb 18, 2012
My husband isn't really a dessert eater. I made this as part of his birthday dinner and it was a hit! It was so simple to make and was so just so creamy & smooth. I loved it...next time I'll add a bit more white chocolate but that's just for my taste, chocolate makes everything better!!