Vanilla White Chocolate Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 7 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 vanilla beans
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup cream and sugar; cook over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Immediately remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth.
- Split vanilla beans lengthwise. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into chocolate mixture; stir. Transfer to a large bowl; cool 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into four dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup (calculated without almonds): 559 calories, 44g fat (29g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 15, 2019
Far too much white chocolate in this recipe. I would recommend following the same steps but cutting down to only four ounces of white chocolate. The overwhelming flavor of white chocolate negates your expensive vanilla and the texture is far too thick. I feel bad for wasting so much chocolate on this recipe only for it to be unusable.