Orange Chocolate Mousse
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until blended. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until serving. Garnish with whipped cream and orange peel if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 400 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 294mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2015
This recipe is outstanding! Not only is it easy to make, but the silky texture and delicious orange flavor set it apart from other chocolate mousse recipes. Although it makes 2 generous servings, the recipe can easily be doubled. My husband can't wait for me to make it again!