Elegant White Chocolate Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 cup of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 422 calories, 34g fat (23g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 24, 2019
I cut the recipe in 1/2 and served it with blueberries. Delicious. Thank you, Laurinda, for sharing this recipe.
Mar 24, 2008
I made this yesterday for Easter and it was a big hit!The market was out of white chocolate squares and I substituted an 11 oz bag of white chocolate baking chips instead and that worked fine