Chocolate Chip Mousse
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth; beat in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 559 calories, 42g fat (29g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 25, 2010
Easy to make, creamy, and delicious! I used fat free cream cheese and whipped topping to lighten it up a bit. I also added 1 tsp rum extract.
Jul 7, 2009
Made this after having my wisedom teeth out when I needed something soft and sweet. It is easy to make and very decadent. I used rum extract instead of vanilla for a little more umph. Yum!
Apr 8, 2009
I Made this recipe one summer because I Love Mousse! Surprisingly, Now does my sister! She always begs me to make this recipe when a special occasion comes up. :)