Chocolate Chip Mousse
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth; beat in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 559 calories, 42g fat (29g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 25, 2010
Easy to make, creamy, and delicious! I used fat free cream cheese and whipped topping to lighten it up a bit. I also added 1 tsp rum extract.
Jul 7, 2009
Made this after having my wisedom teeth out when I needed something soft and sweet. It is easy to make and very decadent. I used rum extract instead of vanilla for a little more umph. Yum!
Apr 8, 2009
I Made this recipe one summer because I Love Mousse! Surprisingly, Now does my sister! She always begs me to make this recipe when a special occasion comes up. :)