Orange Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange Kool-Aid mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pacakge (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, Kool-Aid mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Using a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, pudding mix and remaining gelatin; beat on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Oct 5, 2017
Delicious and refreshing! Love the fact it uses orange Kool-Aid and gelatin!
Apr 8, 2017
Super easy and super moist!!
Apr 4, 2017
I love this recipe but I have one problem that I can't figure out every time I've made the orange cream cake the cake sticks to the pan I have even tried using different pan's , I even bought two new pan's and they still stuck to the pan's . Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong . If anyone has any ideas please let me know , it's my mother's favorite cake and her birthday is tomorrow and that's all she wants for her 7 9th birthday
Aug 23, 2014
Oh my gosh, is this heavenly! So refreshing, and not too sweet. I did put the frosting in the 'fridge for about a half hour to thicken it, per the other reviews. I will make this again!
Jun 9, 2014
Delicious! Very light and refreshing! I did only use 1/2 cup cold water instead of 1cup as that is what most jello poke cakes call for in their recipes. The topping turned out great, too! Will make again!
Apr 26, 2014
This cake very moist and had a great flavor. However, like lilaccrew the frosting ended up like a thick sauce even though I refrigerated it for 5 hours after frosting it. The next day it was perfect.
Mar 11, 2013
Delicious and moist!
May 7, 2012
This cake sounded delicious as I read the ingredients, so I bought ingredients to make two; one to share, the other to snack on throughout the week. So glad I did! Everyone loved the refreshing taste after Sunday dinner.
Apr 12, 2012
The flavor was not bad. I had a lot of trouble with the frosting. It was too liquidy. I tried adding powdered sugar and a 1/2 cup of sour cream but still not solid enough.
Sep 30, 2010
First time I have ever made this cake and it will not be the last. It's a keeper. Excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.