Florida Orange Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, orange juice, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange marmalade and confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 361 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 8, 2014
Delicious, moist cake! My guests said it was like Starbuck's lemon cake but moister. I made a froosting with 8 oz cream cheese, 1 stick butter, 3 c powdered sugar, 3 T orange juice & 1/2 t of fiori di sicilia (sold at King Arthur's website). Excellent orange cake!
Feb 19, 2013
Fabulous, but with changes even better--I use fresh orange juice, 1 t. vanilla extract,4 eggs and 1/4 c. sugar for cake. In the frosting I use fresh orange zest and juice.
Dec 26, 2012
This cake is unbelievably moist! Made it for Thanksgiving dessert and then again for my daughters 7th birthday! Instant hit!
Dec 30, 2011
Wonderfully simple and really tasty. I didn't have any marmalade in the house, so I just used orange juice to taste.
Jan 17, 2011
i added an extra T of marmalade in icing, and a drop of almond, very good...i still need to make it more orangey...but it's tastey! very moist. my cake slighty concaved in the center, not sank, just a dip...odd. But, i like the cake:0)
Mar 4, 2010
Love this cake. Very moist and delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.