Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 370 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
May 27, 2019
Very good ... Definitely a keeper!
Mar 27, 2016
Has a great flavor and it was a moist cake. Made it for dessert for Easter. It was a big hit in my family. It's a keeper for me.
Jun 27, 2013
Very nice flavor. As suggested in another review, I used lemonade in place of the water. Denser cake... which we like. Will definitely make again!
Aug 27, 2012
I actually used a famous actor's lemonade in a carton in place of the water and always used melted butter in place of the oil when using a boxed mix. Te melted butter always makes it taste from scratch and the lemonade made it taste so fresh.Adding some orange zest to the Icing is a nice addition too.You can also make this in a Bundt pan as well.
May 31, 2012
I used a Duncan Hines cake mix and it was dry. Maybe I baked it a little too long? I plan to try again. It did have a good flavor.
Apr 14, 2012
This cake was easy to make, came out beautifully and was a big hit. I will absolutely be making this again, and soon! I will try the chocolate/cherry version suggested by another reader. I also intend on trying an orange/chocolate version and a rasberry/chocolate version. I found the pop of bright color, so much fun!Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Apr 5, 2012
I made this cake 3 times, followed the instructions exact, and all three times it fell.The first time I thought it was because I under-cooked it, the second time I thought it was because I opened the oven so the last time I left it until the 40 minute timer and guess what? It fell again! Won't be wasting my time on a 4th time!
Aug 13, 2011
I make this at least 2-3 times a month.... it's a favorite of me and my family and is SUPER easy to make! The texture and flavor is truly unbeatable. :)
Aug 1, 2011
I made this cake for a work potluck. Everyone who tried it loved it and asked for the recipe! The flavor is nice and light, very refreshing.
Apr 25, 2011
My Mom and Aunt had this as Easter dessert and they LOVED it! Coming from my super picky aunt, that is saying alot! :-) We'll be making this easy & delicious dessert often.