Orange Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, well drained
- Combine the first three ingredients; press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center is nearly set. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and extract; spread over filling. Bake at 450° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Chill, uncovered, 1 hour. Arrange oranges on cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 321 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2013
I have made this cheesecake several times and it is always a bit hit. It is very pretty with the oranges on top. I have also used blackberries on top of this cheesecake.
Nov 22, 2012
This is seriously delicious!! A few minor changes and it is absolutely top notch:1. use gram cracker crumbs instead of vanilla (so yummy)!2. Don't bake the crust for more than 5 mins (if at all)!3. Add orange extract (about 1tsp or so) to cheesecake filling.4. For topping, combine ingredients, add a touch a of vanilla extract - and just put on top of cheese cake - no need to bake. Arrange oranges on top of sour cream mixture and let set for 4++ hours.EVERYONE I cook this for RAVES about it!!! The orange is soooo delicious!