S’mores Creme Brulee
A big bite into a scrumptious s’more brings back sweet campfire memories. This fancy take on the classic treat is perfect for a fall meal and will be adored by young and old alike. —Rose Denning, Overland Park, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar or coarse sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), broken into 12 pieces
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around sides of pan; remove from heat. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, cocoa and liqueur until blended but not foamy. Slowly whisk in hot milk.
- Place six 4-oz. broiler-safe ramekins in a baking pan large enough to hold them without touching. Pour egg mixture into ramekins. Place pan on oven rack; add very hot water to pan to within 1/2 in. of top of ramekins. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean; centers will still be soft. Remove ramekins from water bath immediately to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter; set aside. To caramelize topping with a kitchen torch, sprinkle custards evenly with sugar. Hold torch flame about 2 in. above custard surface and rotate it slowly until sugar is evenly caramelized. Sprinkle custards with crumb mixture; top with marshmallows. Using torch, heat marshmallows until browned. Top with chocolate pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- To caramelize topping in a broiler, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle custards evenly with sugar. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Sprinkle custards with crumb mixture; top with marshmallows. Broil 30-45 seconds or until marshmallows are browned. Top with chocolate pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 419 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.