Creme de Menthe Truffles
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Combine pecans, butter and creme de menthe. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- With hands lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar, shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; let excess drip off. Return to waxed paper; refrigerate until set. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 99 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 10, 2017
Awesome recipe! I was impatient so I spread the mixture onto a lightly buttered cookie sheet to speed up the chilling process. One of my girlfriends always wants these (she would eat the entire batch if we would let her!), and makes great gifts too. Thanks for sharing such an easy and delicious recipe.
Sep 25, 2011
I made this for a Valentine's basket and the recipients loved them. I didn't change a thing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.