White Chocolate Truffles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 18 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 9 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt the candy coating, butter and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring frequently. Stir in sugar. (If mixture separates, beat with a mixer for 30 seconds.) Pour into an 8-in. square pan. Chill for 20 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out and shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 128 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 19, 2014
Mixture almost always separates even after using a mixer. After placing in square pan, skim off top layer of butter. I make these almost every Christmas. Very good. My oldest named them "snowballs" several years ago.
Dec 21, 2008
Taste of Home is the best. I would like to add that since this magazine and access to the website is also in Canada, it would be helpful if certain baking ingredients were posted in both names, as it is not always the same in the two countries....