Crepe Quiche Cups
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
Makes16 crepe cups
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- FILLING :
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- For crepe batter, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mayonnaise. Stir in sausage mixture and cheese; set aside.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer.
- Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Line greased muffin cups with crepes; fill two-thirds full with sausage mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 209 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2018
First time making crepes. The filling was fantastic. Will definitely make again.
Feb 23, 2017
This was the perfect recipe for breakfast, especially if it's for a holiday brunch when you want to impress your family (hello, Mother's Day!). You could easily add in peppers as well. These crisped up nicely and tasted delicious. Definitely plan to make these for Easter this year.
May 25, 2013
these were perfectly elegant! i covered mine with foil nearly right away instead of waiting for 15 minutes. next time i might add a bit more flavor to the eggs. definitely make again.
Apr 26, 2012
Served this as part of my large Easter brunch and the only thing I regret was not making more! Will be a regular brunch item from now on.
Apr 19, 2011
Probably not on the wonton wrappers, they won't crisp up when baked. Why not try the phyllo mini tart cups in the freezer section by the cool whip.
Apr 18, 2011
not a review, sorry! could you make this with wnton wrappers?