Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and apples are tender. Add the peaches and apricots; heat through. Stir in pecans; serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator.
Nov 1, 2017
I've used this recipe since 2003. It's great tasting and also makes the house smell wonderful. Adults love it. Children are more picky about it.
Nov 24, 2015
I have been making this recipe for holiday dinners since it was published 15 years ago.Everyone loves it. It is fast, easy, and makes the house smell wonderful not to mention it is delicious. There is NO reason for canned cranberry sauce EVER again!
Nov 19, 2015
This became my all-time favorite several years ago. I absolutely love to make this for this time of year. The canned fruits are easily substituted so you can use what you might have on hand. Pears work nicely.
Nov 26, 2013
I made this last year and it instantly became a family favorite!
Nov 30, 2012
My mother-n-law loved this! It has an old fashioned flavor similar to canned spiced apples only better.
Oct 9, 2012
I first made this recipe over 10 years ago, and it is still a hit. I am ask to make it every Thanksgiving. I always omit the orange peel because to me it has a bitter taste.
Oct 29, 2011
This recipe has become a tradition for my family at Thanksgiving. The kids say, "what is compote"? It is stewed fruit. Thanksgiving seems like one should serve some cranberry dish...and this is it! The kitchen smells wonderful as this cooks on the stove and it is good warm or cold!
Jan 18, 2011
Wonderful Flavor! I did make a few changes though..I was out of orange juice so I used cherry juice, & I did not have golden raisins so I used dried currents! Very happy with the way this turned out!
Jan 24, 2010
Nov 25, 2009
It's a hit everytime I make it for family or friends. It is festive in a clear bowl as suggested.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.