Festive Cranberry Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 medium apples, diced
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add cranberry mixture; stir gently. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 30, 2019
this salad is very pleasing to the eye, but the cooked cranberries give it an overall mushy taste. I will not make again.
Dec 23, 2019
Kathleen, if you make all of those changes, then it is not the same recipe. It is a different recipe.
Dec 21, 2019
You can make this recipe easier by not cooking the cranberries. Just coarsely chop the raw cranberries, add about 1/2 cup turbo ground sugar, grated orange peel , and juice from 1/2 orange. Mix it in with the fruit.
Dec 19, 2019
Very tasty and a snap to make.
Jan 22, 2019
A tasty side for a holiday potluck! I would make this again.
Dec 12, 2018
Made this for a Christmas party this week...there was nothing left in the bowl!! I used fresh fruit and made it exactly from the recipe! I handed out lots of copies of the recipe and will be making it again for us!