Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio or lemon pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut, sugar and cocoa. Stir in melted butter and vanilla. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For filling, beat softened butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar, pudding mix and milk; beat until fluffy. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until firm, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- For topping, microwave chocolate chips and butter on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool. Spread over pudding layer. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars.
Aug 29, 2017
These squares are rich & delicious, so you can cut them small. I also have only used vanilla pudding mix. A friend recently asked me for these, but couldn't recall the name & I hadn't made them in years. I was so happy they were right here on TOH...of course!
Dec 3, 2014
wonderful recipe, but I use vanilla pudding. .just delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.