Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/3 pounds (81 pieces)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter, stirring after 1 minute and every 30 seconds thereafter. Stir in milk and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 59 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 25, 2018
I make these on the stove top using a double boiler instead of microwave and they always turn out great. I also use my easy homemade sweetened condensed milk instead of canned. I've added in drained and chopped maraschino cherries, dried unsweetened cherries, craisins, brown rice krispies, freeze dried strawberries, and family, friends and coworkers always love them.
Feb 13, 2018
This was OK for when your in a pinch but I’ll stick to my old fashioned fudge recipe that my family prefers even though it takes a little longer.
Feb 12, 2018
Very good and easy fudge! i used peanut butter chips instead of milk chocolate chips Loved the blend of flavors.
Jun 25, 2017
Not as good as I hoped
Mar 5, 2017
This is sogood!!!
Mar 3, 2017
Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to make this.
Mar 2, 2017
This is the same recipe that has been my go-to for years, well, decades. Sometimes I add nuts, or craisens, or use mint chips- all good
Jun 7, 2016
Just like my grandma always made! Great tip with lining the pan, makes it so much easier.
Jan 28, 2015
The kids declared this their new favorite homemade fudge. A cinch to make.
Dec 21, 2014
Creamy, delicious fudge. I would love to try to make this fudge with different kinds of chips and adding things in, such as vanilla chips and candy cane bits or oreo cookie pieces. Easy to make, but found that it thickens up quickly. If you have an extra body to spread it in the pan, it helps.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.