Easy Microwave Mint Fudge
I make these creamy, smooth squares not only for Christmas, but also for Valentine's Day. This easy microwave fudge is just as good as any you'd buy in a confectionery. —Donna Roberts, Manhattan, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 pounds (117 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 15 tablespoons butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add butter and milk (do not stir). Microwave on high 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until blended. Stir in vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with baking chips, pressing chips lightly into fudge. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To Make Ahead: Store fudge, layered between waxed paper, in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
- Freeze option: Wrap fudge in waxed paper, then in foil. Place in freezer containers and freeze. To thaw, bring wrapped fudge to room temperature.
Originally published as QUICK PEPPERMINT FUDGE in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016