Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5-1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 32 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a heavy large saucepan, combine sugars, milk and cubed butter. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate until melted. Fold in pecans. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 79 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2018
Just made this fudge and placed them in pretty Christmas tins and gave them out. Smooth, chocolaty flavor and easy to prepare..
Jan 24, 2018
I'm a little confused. It says it's triple chocolate fudge. That usually means there's three different kind of chocolate in it. I see milk and she counts two semisweet chocolates in different forms as the other two chocolates. Shouldn't the third chocolate be unsweetened maybe even German sweet chocolate? I read that some people used white chocolate as the third choice but I don't care for white chocolate that much. Maybe there's been a typo? Just asking.
Dec 16, 2017
Wonderful fudge. Truly is a 'best fudge ever' recipe. Easy (relatively speaking) to make and sets up quickly in the fridge. I make it in a 9 x 13 pan and it is just as good-thicker chucks, but just as yummy. I also learned to toss the nuts in when blending in the chocolate. Sometimes the fudge starts to set and the nuts don't quite get incorprated. This is a great fudge.
Jan 3, 2017
This is the easiest and best fudge I have ever made.
Dec 29, 2016
This is THE best fudge I have ever made. It's so rich and creamy and doesn't have that gritty texture I tend to get with other recipes. I did use 2 ounces of white chocolate instead of the additional 2 ounces of chopped semi sweet. I also used light brown sugar and skipped the nuts. It makes so much that I was able to give some away and keep plenty! This will be the only fudge I will ever make again!
Dec 27, 2016
Each year like to include a new Fudge recipe to my Chocolate Tray This was a very choice for this years pick. I did make a few changes based on what I had on hand. I used White Chocolate as the third choice. I used mini Marshmallows and Light brown sugar. This is very rich and wonderful fudge. One recipe that I will make again. Its very adaptable and it sets up perfectly. I also used buttered parchment paper. Be sure to use enough paper to create an over hang. This makes it Much easier to remove the fudge from the pan. It cuts into perfect clean cuts when properly chilled.I will be making this one again.Happily tested in my KitchenTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 11, 2016
I have made this for more than 20 years. Maybe there is a mistake in the 2 semisweet chocolates. Mine calls for 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate (I use Bakers). Also Mamie Eisenhower's fudge uses only Baker's German Chocolate bars. Used to make it till I discovered this one. Like it better cause marshmallows are less messy to use than marshmallow creme. In fact, I'm getting ready to make my yearly 20 batches??.
Aug 29, 2016
Great recipe! Making sure you are patient with the caramel sauce is key. It must come to a rapid boil in order to set. It's hard to stop yourself from eating more than one piece!
Jan 20, 2016
My daughter was looking for a yummy fudge recipe. She was super happy with the result! I do not make fudge usually, have only tried one other recipe and this was very good and came out perfect.
Jan 20, 2016
I haven't had luck in the past with fudge recipes. But, this recipe turned out great! Yum!