Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 pounds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 74 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 2, 2019
I made this fudge on 1/31/2019. I did not use the nuts, however as there are people in my retirement community who are allergic to nuts. I used a total of 1/2 cup broken miniature pretzel twists and broken peppermint candy canes in place of nuts. I also used 3 cups of bittersweet chocolate chips. This fudge was very good-I took some to our weekly potluck on 2/1/2019 and it was enjoyed! I'd also sampled some as I was cutting it-fudge recipes are keepers for me and this is now one of these recipes for me to use!
Nov 29, 2010
followed the recipe exactly, and was disappointed. Using semisweet choc chips made it taste too sweet, i wish I would have used milk chocolate instead. Also this was very difficult to work with but I guess thats comes with making any fudge in general
Jan 4, 2010
Very easy!!! No cooking !!!!!! So smooth. Not overly sweet.I used milk chocolate chips. Also made it with white chips.This will be my permanent fudge recipe. :-)
Dec 4, 2009
Awesome fudge, but I leave the nuts out of some
Dec 1, 2009
We love making fudge and every recipe we've found here that we liked, we keep. This fudge is very good and will be made many more times.