Candy Bar Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and milk. Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 2 minutes. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Pour into a greased 8-in. square dish.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and water on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until melted. Stir in peanuts; spread over chocolate layer. Microwave chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds or until melted; spread over caramel layer. Chill until firm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 101 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 27, 2018
Apr 19, 2014
I prepared this recipe for the first time, but I used my stovetop rather than use a microwave oven. I used 6 Tbsp . of evaporated milk with the mixture of butter, cocoa & packed brown sugar. I just used 3 cups of confectioners' sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. I did use 30 caramels, unwrapped & at least UP to 1/2 cup of evaporated milk-I added milk gradually, Tbsp. by Tbsp., stirring until caramels were melted. I just used 1 cup of salted peanuts! I used 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips & 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips & about 4 Tbsp. evaporated milk, stirring in just enough to achieve smooth spreading consistency! I did spread the mixtures layer by layer into greased 8x8x2" baking dish and chilled until firm. I would say at least 1 hour or overnight! I'd been wanting to test this recipe out, so this was a good time to make it for my pantry ingredient challenge on the Cook's Corner forum! Thank you, Lois Freeman, for sharing your recipe! I plan to share it with the dept. I work in at the local hospital! delowenstein
Dec 8, 2011
I had the magazine that this was originally in and lost it. This is so easy and excellent tasting. I always make at least one batch to give away and another for the house.
Mar 15, 2011
So simple, so nummy! I didn't have peanuts so I used chopped pecans. Remindful of the turtles I make at Christmas -- but so much easier! This is a keeper!
Oct 15, 2010
This was so easy to make! Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe.