Candy Bar Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and milk. Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 2 minutes. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Pour into a greased 8-in. square dish.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and water on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until melted. Stir in peanuts; spread over chocolate layer. Microwave chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds or until melted; spread over caramel layer. Chill until firm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 101 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2018
Apr 19, 2014
I prepared this recipe for the first time, but I used my stovetop rather than use a microwave oven. I used 6 Tbsp . of evaporated milk with the mixture of butter, cocoa & packed brown sugar. I just used 3 cups of confectioners' sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. I did use 30 caramels, unwrapped & at least UP to 1/2 cup of evaporated milk-I added milk gradually, Tbsp. by Tbsp., stirring until caramels were melted. I just used 1 cup of salted peanuts! I used 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips & 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips & about 4 Tbsp. evaporated milk, stirring in just enough to achieve smooth spreading consistency! I did spread the mixtures layer by layer into greased 8x8x2" baking dish and chilled until firm. I would say at least 1 hour or overnight! I'd been wanting to test this recipe out, so this was a good time to make it for my pantry ingredient challenge on the Cook's Corner forum! Thank you, Lois Freeman, for sharing your recipe! I plan to share it with the dept. I work in at the local hospital! delowenstein
Dec 8, 2011
I had the magazine that this was originally in and lost it. This is so easy and excellent tasting. I always make at least one batch to give away and another for the house.
Mar 15, 2011
So simple, so nummy! I didn't have peanuts so I used chopped pecans. Remindful of the turtles I make at Christmas -- but so much easier! This is a keeper!
Oct 15, 2010
This was so easy to make! Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe.