Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Press onto the bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over filling; sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2015
Waste of a brownie mix. Served it at a picnic tonight and nobody really liked it at all. Big disappointment.
Jul 27, 2014
loved the Bars will make them again.
Dec 8, 2012
Saving recipe, **just because**.
Aug 27, 2012
This recipe was good, but a little more effort than needed. I would have been satisfied with just the brownies made from the mix without the crust on the bottom. To me, that was not necessary.
Aug 20, 2012
These were delicious and addicting!
Sep 14, 2009
These were fantastic! These are by far the best cookie bars I have ever had. My daughter thanked me for making them (she has never done that before and I bake a lot!)