Slow Cooker Pizza in a Pot
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 473 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 27, 2015
Husband said it's a keeper. I added mushrooms and black olives. Sub 1/2 lb sausage for 1/2 lb burger. Only used 2 1/2 cups pasta. All else the same. Great recipe!
Feb 16, 2015
A very quick and easy meal. I substituted salsa for the tomato sauce and added some pizza seasoning to the ground beef as it cooked.
Oct 12, 2014
I did not use the pepperoni. Instead I followed the suggestion of substituting pork in its place. It was delicious.
Nov 5, 2013
out of this world
Oct 13, 2013
Good, but to me it just tasted like a basic pasta and meat sauce. The cheese melted into the ground beef so it really wasn't noticeable or able to be tasted by the time the whole thing heated. Definitely wouldn't call this Pizza in a Pot.
Aug 5, 2013
It was easy to make and the family loved it!!
Jun 13, 2013
Love this recipe! I've been making it for years.
May 12, 2013
Soooo yummy! Love this one!
Nov 5, 2012
I made this today. I added our favorite pizza topping in 1/2 cup measures. Mushrooms, sliced green olives, bacon. I also added the el dente pasta near the end of the slow cooker process. About 20 minutes before we were ready to eat.Fabulous recipe idea. Thanks!
Oct 26, 2012
I tweaked this a tiny bit to accomodate what I had on hand and baked it because I made it after work. Definitely a keeper!!