Slow-Cooked Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with half of the noodles, pepperoni and cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 534 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
This was surprisingly good. I liked it much better than other pizza-pasta casseroles I've made in the past. I will make it again. As others have said, I think I will switch up the pepperoni, veggies and cheeses for a change of pace. I also skipped the slow-cooker method and baked it in a 9x13 pan to warm it through and melt the cheeses. I skipped the salt too, as it has pepperoni and I used some parmesan along with my mozzerella.
Sep 4, 2017
Hubby and I both loved it. Only change I made was to add a little more of the cheeses.
Sep 20, 2015
The only reason I'm giving this a low rating is because it's not really a slow cooker recipe. Everything needs to be cooked basically before it hits the crock pot. The only thing left to do is melt the cheese which can be done in the oven and for sure won't take 5 hours.
Jan 1, 2012
Good and tasty. Good recipe to improve on. I added green pepper and other veg. so delicious!
Apr 3, 2011
I halfed it, and used olives instead of pepperoni 'cause that's what I had on hand. My hubby and 2 sons loved it, my 5yo has asked me several times when I will make this again!
Jan 15, 2011
I loved this recipe!!I served it for some guests and they all loved it too . I didn't add mushrooms to it though. 5 stars for this recipe!
Jun 7, 2010
i make this for my family for two resons: one we all love it Two it gets me on my inlaws good side every time. i make mine with fresh pepperoni from the deli, and lay it on thick. It comes out amzing every time. i have even baked what wouldn't fit in my slow cooker in the oven untill the top was nice and crispy and thats just as grate. You just can't go roung with this recipe
Apr 10, 2010
i liked this recipe, the only thing is that instead of layering the ingreidents i mix it all together in a big bowl
Jun 30, 2009
I LOVE this recipe and always use it for family reunions. Never a bit leftover. I agree with Ruby, I sneak in as many veggies as possible and my kids eat it unknowingly. I also substitute jarred pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce to make it taste more like pizza.
Oct 6, 2008
I jazz up this recipe by sneaking in lots of veggies like peppers and shredded carrots, and the boys still love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.