Slow-Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
What's not to love about classic Tater Tot casserole—especially when it's made in the slow cooker? You'll want to add this family-pleasing potluck favorite to your regular rotation. —Nick Iverson, Denver, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound frozen cut green beans
- 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain and transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onions and mushrooms to skillet; cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in condensed soup, salt and pepper. Place vegetable mixture in slow cooker; add green beans and stir to combine. Top with Tater Tots and cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours. Let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 383 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.