Slow-Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound frozen cut green beans
- 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain and transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onions and mushrooms to skillet; cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in condensed soup, salt and pepper. Place vegetable mixture in slow cooker; add green beans and stir to combine. Top with Tater Tots and cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 6 hours. Let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 383 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 11, 2019
Tried this out the other day
Mar 27, 2019
For me it's all about texture. With that being said, could you bake this in an oven so that Tater Tots could get a little crispy?
Feb 10, 2019
This was really good. The tater tots sort of dissolved into a cheesy layer on the top. Good winter meal!