Loaded Tater Tot Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add Canadian bacon; cook until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Line bottom of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish with Tater Tots; top with Canadian bacon mixture. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, cream and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 443 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 917mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 5, 2019
The whole family enjoyed this, even my 6 and 4 year old who don’t usually care for casseroles. We used a 13x9 dish so I added an extra egg and roughly an extra 1/2 cup of cheese. I also used a 28 oz bag of Tater Tots instead of measuring them out. Served with a side salad. Overall it was good. Next time I might add more garlic powder. I imagine it would taste good with breakfast sausage or bacon as well. I will add this to our regular rotation!
Jan 25, 2019
Fantastic. Used 3 oz Canadian bacon and 1/2 lb hot sausage, its what i had on hand. I used a slightly larger pan so i added an extra egg. No leftovers
Mar 26, 2018
Yum! Nice change from my usual dinners. I used Jones Turkey Breakfast Sausage, onion powder, and raw half & half milk. Baked for 30 minutes & let sit in turned off oven 5 minutes. I think 1/4 teaspoon dill weed would be a great addition.
Jun 22, 2017
This recipe will replace my previous go-to breakfast casserole recipe. It's fantastic. Great flavor. Sets up really nicely. My husband loved it. The only adjustment I made was to use 1 lb. of pork breakfast sausage instead of the Canadian bacon because that's all I had. Great recipe!
Jan 21, 2017
I made this for my husband and family and they absolutely loved it. We had it for dinner but it would be good for breakfast or lunch also. I used some pre-cooked bacon and chopped ham I had left over and it was great.
Feb 14, 2016
This was absolutely delicious. My 10 year old grandson ate several helpings and wanted to take some home. Definitely worth the effort. Great for brunch or side dishes!
Feb 7, 2016
I was looking for a kid-friendly breakfast casserole for overnight guests and figured something with tater tots was worth a try. My husband and I had it for dinner just to try it out and it was very good. I used Egg Beaters instead of the eggs and non-fat evaporated milk instead of half-and-half to cut back on the fat for us. The tater tots kind of blend into the casserole so you really don't realize they are there except for the nice potato taste. I do not plan to make any adjustments to this recipe and will definitely make it again. Thank you, Nancy, for a yummy recipe that is just what I was looking for!