Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
For a spin on a classic casserole, try my easy version. For a fun twist, just add your family’s favorite pizza toppings!—Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped, optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and basil.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 572 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Tot Casserole in Busy Family Winter 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.