Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups reserved mixture from Cajun Beef and Beans
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in meat mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 529 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1533mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Oct 1, 2018
I used taco style cheese in place of Mexican style. The way it's seasoned made it taste so good. I loved the casserole and will definitely make it again.
Aug 15, 2012
The family gave this dish a thumbs up. The base was a little runny but I think it will be just right for lunchtime leftovers!