Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups reserved mixture from Cajun Beef and Beans
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in meat mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 529 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1533mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 1, 2018
I used taco style cheese in place of Mexican style. The way it's seasoned made it taste so good. I loved the casserole and will definitely make it again.
Aug 15, 2012
The family gave this dish a thumbs up. The base was a little runny but I think it will be just right for lunchtime leftovers!