Yummy Tater-Topped Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the beef, vegetables and onions. Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over vegetables. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 482 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2015
This will be added to our family favorites! Good flavor!
Jul 13, 2013
Easy & yummy
Apr 21, 2013
I made this just as recipe states. Yummy! However I used the whole bag of tater tots which is 32 oz. It covers the top perfectly.
Jan 9, 2012
It is easy and fast to make and it is delicious!!!
Oct 5, 2011
Quick, easy, and tasty.
Aug 25, 2011
A regular in our household!! Family doesn't care for mixed veggies, so I use only corn, but still DELICIOUS! Great re-heated and easy to make!
Nov 22, 2010
This recipe was so easy to make. My Husband said I could make it again. Next time I would add a few more spices to the hamburger, because it was a bit bland. Otherwise it was very good. It also freezes well.
Nov 6, 2010
Made this with 1 lb of ground chuck. Was plenty of meat. Seasoned the chuck with a little salt & pepper. Was excellent! Would definitely make again.
Nov 2, 2010
The french-fried onions make this a really tasty recipe. I used Golden Mushroom Soup because my husband and I are lactose intolerant (and I skipped the butter and used water instead of milk) and it turned out great.
Apr 29, 2010
I added half a package of onion soup mix and a lot of pepper to the meat and used green beans.