Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread with soup. Top with frozen potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 353 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 18, 2019
This recipe is deliciious. I followed the recipe but used the healthy condensed mushroom soup since there is no healthy celery soup. It was ready in about 30 minutes. We cleaned our plates.
Jan 9, 2019
This is a go-to staple in our house. I don't use the salt and pepper because I always season ground beef with pepper and garlic powder. I put in 1 cup onion and about 4 stalks of celery to get more veggies in. We use cream of mushroom soup since there isn't organic cream of celery and it still tastes great!
Jan 29, 2018
This was not the greatest casserole I have ever made. It was not nearly as good as I thought it would be. If I ever make this again (and I don't think I will), I will cook the meat before I put it in the pan and I will saute it with some garlic or other seasonings. It took forever to cook and the meat cooked up as one huge slab. This made it hard to cut. Not a lot of flavor either. I guess I just didn't like it.
Jul 13, 2015
I grew up eating tater tot casserole and I still love it! I have substituted cubed chicken for the ground beef. Gives it a totally different taste but still good!
Oct 18, 2013
This was easy and good for a weeknight supper. I'm thinking next time I might try some of the other suggestions to change it up a bit. It got a "3" from my husband and son.
Jan 27, 2013
My kids LOVE this recipe! This one is dish that they can all agree on. Easy to have recipe items on hand to throw together.
Mar 4, 2012
Everyone devoured it!
Jan 14, 2012
My kids and husband loved this dish!!!
Aug 12, 2011
Quick and easy, my family loves this dish. I make it all the time
Apr 3, 2011
I have had this recipe a long time from one of your older beef cookbooks. I sometimes substitue cheddar cheese soup instead of cream of celery. It makes it extra cheesy.