Lemon Pepper Roasted Broccoli
Fresh green broccoli turns tangy and tasty when roasted with lemon juice and pepper. A sprinkle of almonds adds crunch. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (about 12 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place broccoli in a large bowl. Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Roast 10-15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds, lemon zest and remaining pepper; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Lemon Pepper Roasted Broccoli with chopped almonds in Taste of Home November 2014