Lemon Pepper Roasted Broccoli
Fresh green broccoli turns tangy and tasty when roasted with lemon juice and pepper. A sprinkle of almonds adds crunch. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (about 12 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place broccoli in a large bowl. Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Roast 10-15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds, lemon peel and remaining pepper; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Lemon Pepper Roasted Broccoli with chopped almonds in Taste of Home November 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.