Makeover Tater-Topped Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the meat mixture, vegetables and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over onions. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Nov 6, 2016
I've made this about 20 times. Leftovers are just as good.
Feb 6, 2013
very good. I also used reduced fat crm mushroom instead of celery; alot of flavor. Will add more onions next time.
Feb 4, 2013
This was a good! It lacked extra flavor. I added cheddar cheese on top of the soup and used celery instead of the mixed veggies. It was still delicious, but I would have liked a little more flavor.
Nov 4, 2012
Delicious! Added salt and pepper, and used cream of mushroom instead of the celery. We are in MN after all. Thanks!
Feb 21, 2012
now a family favorite!
Feb 9, 2012
Delicious! I added a tiny bit of cheddar cheese too. If you don't thaw the tots, it makes a great Freezer Recipe!
Oct 24, 2011
Aug 11, 2011
My whole family loved it! This is one of the more flavorful recipes of Tater-Topped hotdishes I've found!
Feb 23, 2011
My husband loves this! Makes plenty! I don't use the reduced-fat soups but that's OK. I also like to sprinkle some shredded cheddar on the top & let it melt the last few minutes it cooks. :)
Dec 20, 2010
Excellent Casserole! My family loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.