Chicken Tater Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole at 400° until bubbling, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2018
This is a great recipe as is, but also can be changed up so easily—different soup, different meat, different veggies, even the cheese—for a different look and taste!
Jun 21, 2017
I don’t buy cans of soup anymore, because of the sodium, so I used 1? cups of chicken stock and a flour slurry to thicken the stock. I used diced onions and mushrooms, diced cauliflower, and thinly sliced baby carrots that I had saut?ed in olive oil until tender. My husband said, “It is a keeper!” I would recommend it, whenever you are craving a home cooked meal that is easy to prepare.
Feb 6, 2017
This is a fun recipe and a change from chicken pot pie that many kids would love! We felt it needed more seasoning but this is a good base recipe that can be customized. I used ham instead of chicken because that is what I had on hand but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.
Feb 11, 2016
tastes just like a chicken pot pie without the crust. Really easy and delicious!
Feb 5, 2016
Very very good perfect the way it is but I also did one can of mushroom soup and one chicken.
Feb 2, 2016
I made this as part of a freezer cooking day and froze both pans and followed the recipe exactly. We just had one last night for supper and it was delicious. However, it took a lot longer to bake than indicated. I had it in the oven for 2-1/4 hours (and I even increased the temperature part way through). It was definitely worth the wait though - my husband loved it and ate 2 large portions.
Aug 14, 2015
Oh my GOOD!! I didn't make any changes.... perfect!
Mar 9, 2015
okay- could use a little more seasonings.
Jan 29, 2015
Super easy and yummy! I used 1 can cream of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom. I also used frozen mixed vegetables. I added some garlic pepper and garlic powder to the soup mixture as it cooked which added to the flavor.
Sep 15, 2014
This recipe is excellent. It's easy, inexpensive and full of flavor.