Tater Tot Casseroles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 3/4 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, corn, 1 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne. Transfer to 2 greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze 1 casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 370 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1085mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 27, 2019
Made this casserole the other night and everyone loved it! I used a bag of frozen mixed vegetables instead the frozen green beans and canned corn and used all ground beef since that's what I had on hand. Super easy for a weeknight, and a great way to use up those frozen tots in the freezer!
Mar 7, 2018
Great recipe, I made half and used just one can of soup. Easily adapts to your preferences for vegetables and seasonings. Minnesota Nice!
Jan 11, 2018
oh myyyy goodness this sounds ah-mazzing!I will make this when there is a family get together. wonder if this'll remind me of my family's meals in Minnesota. I too will spike up the spices as that is one thing I notice often when reading recipes from TOH. to me I don't compute the idea of 1/4t anything. but that's just me I love robust flavors as my tastebuds are not up to snuff.
Oct 31, 2017
So on this recipe you had me at tater tot's, very good recipe, i like flavor to jump out just a little bit more, so I'm going to make this again, and as I noticed there was not a lot of spice to it I added some Mrs. Dash the first time around which I will do again but add even more in with the meat mixture, ground pepper on top of the tater tot's will help bring more flavor and instead of the frozen green beans which I found to still kind of have a frozen taste to them, I think I'll go with the Can Green beans, and also add some chopped bell pepper with the onion, I think this will make the flavor pop A tad bit more, thanks for the recipe, got a love those tater tot's!.... I will be making seven of these casseroles this coming week to take to A church get together, I'm thinking this will be a winner!!
Mar 26, 2017
I made this delicious recipe last weekend It s absolutely out of this world. I froze half of it. Hoping it will be as good or better. Don't change to much or you will miss this DELISH dish.....
Dec 19, 2016
My husband loved this! I used white cheddar (I don't used foods colored with Annatto) and frozen corn and frozen peas, thawed (instead of canned corn and frozen green beans). My grown sons each took home half a casserole. A definite keeper!
Mar 10, 2015
Excellent! I just made one casserole instead of two, so I cut the recipe in half. I still used 2 cans of soup though. I also added 1 TB of worcestshire sauce.
Sep 18, 2013
Fantastic, freezes well and lends itself to easy adaptations with different spices.
May 2, 2012
This was great! I made a couple of changes as well. Instead of cayenne pepper, I used pepper jack cheese. We don't like frozen beans so I used 1 can whole kernal corn, 1 cream style and a large can of mushrooms. Yum! Thank you for a really good new favorite.
Mar 5, 2012
The family loved this. I used cream of mushroom soup because that is what I had on hand. Also halved the recipe just to make 1 casserole.