Cajun Beef and Beans
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, peppers and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, chili powder and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Save 4 cups for <a href="/Recipes/Mexican-Tater-Topped-Casserole"Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole or another use. Stir the beans, tomatoes and soup into the remaining mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 321 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 14, 2017
We thought this was pretty tasty. I liked the little kick to it.
Feb 26, 2015
It was good add cajun seasoning to taste , also the tomato soup gave it a sweet can tomato soup flavor next time i make i will add a different soup like beefy mushroom, for those that enjoy tomato soup may not need to change..also great way to knock out 2 meals in one cooking when making the tator tot casserole
May 12, 2013
just didn't like it
Nov 19, 2012
This recipe is for those who like hot and spicy food. I use it for a base to Mexican Tater Tot Casserole. I cut down on the Cajun seasoning just for my taste.