This casserole makes a very filling main dish and the chicken soup adds a tasty flavor, too!—Juanita Gilliam, Tillamook, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion; drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together soup, sour cream and chilies. Place one tortilla in the bottom of a 10-in. pie plate. Combine beef mixture with half of soup mixture; spoon over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; top with second tortilla. Top with remaining soup mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Taco Casserole in Country Ground Beef
Jul 29, 2014
This recipe has great flavor, I let it set for over 5 minutes and it was runny, so i served chips with it, everyone loved it, maybe my pie plate wasn't wide enoughMary K