Contest-Winning Taco Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, salsa, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Mar 10, 2018
Do we know what the caloric content is?
Sep 22, 2017
Quick and easy! Flavorful! Just what we need on busy night!
Sep 20, 2017
I did not add tomatoes or onions or salsa. Hubby said add spaghetti sauce. He can't eat tomatoes. I added mushroom soup. It was really good and fun for my oldest daughter to cook. I used elbow macaroni. Very good idea! Loved it! My youngest daughter hates taco meat but she liked the dish.
Sep 12, 2017
My 12-year-old who refuses to eat tomatoes (but who loves pizza) ate every bite of this. It is really tasty. For 2 people you could definitely 1/2 the recipe and have plenty because it is heavy with the meat, pasta and chips. I made the full recipe but only used an 8 oz. jar of salsa and it was fine. I'm a single mom who needs quick and easy and I will definitely make this again.
May 5, 2017
Very tasty! I used Ortega taco sauce instead of salsa and added more chips on top.
Jul 11, 2016
Quick and easy! We welcome the leftovers! Yum!
Jun 3, 2016
Love this recipe. I add Gluten free penne pasta (12oz) Green chilies. Love it ! It even taste good cold the next day!!
Sep 18, 2015
Even my picky eater friend loves this and makes it often now.
May 13, 2015
used nacho cheese tortilla chips. will add black olives to it next time.
Feb 18, 2015
Quick and easy, tasty used a can of chili tomatoes as we didnt have plainSomeone asked what kind of chips, any kind you like would work, just adds a little crunch