Taco Salad Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: Chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 527 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1529mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 29, 2019
Easy to make and very tasty
Jul 9, 2019
As Tony the Tiger would say..... Itand#039;s GREAT
Jul 8, 2019
I found this recipe in a 2017 Woman’s World magazine a couple of years ago. I double the recipe and bake it in a 9x13 pan. It’s always a hit and asked for the recipe.
Jul 7, 2019
This sounds like something good when the grands come over for a day. I wish TOH would post more recipes using beef and not so many using chicken. If someone did the research on how chickens were raised, it would put beef back in the spotlight once again, much as it was in the 50's when meat was raised humanely and all beef was grass-fed (it was not considered a "novelty" food back then and did not cost $7/lb. That's just crazy. Besides all of which almost all beef on the market nowadays is angus, when in reality hereford has the best beef and always did. We purchase meat from a local meat market where we know what we're getting because we know the owners. I rarely eat chicken unless I can get them at the local food co-op where only the best stuff is sold.
May 25, 2019
(Add on to my previous review) I also added a can of corn and a can of black beans, chili powder, Lawry's salt and crushed red pepper to the meat when I cooked it. It came out just spicy enough and was great tasting. Served it with the chips on the side and my husband said it was something I need to make again! Thanks for the simple yet super tasty recipe! ??
May 24, 2019
I made this yesterday and it was delicious. A very versatile recipe. I had pinto beans made and used this in the place of refried beans, then I made my own corn tortillas and used them, but Fritos would probably be a great substitute. Sometime I will had Rotel to the meat mixture as well. Thanks for a down home great comfort food.
May 16, 2019
I havent yet but will be making this soon. I will also add green onions to the top, and extra chips on the plate for crunchiness!
May 14, 2019
Very easy, very tasty recipe. The only change I made was to omit the chips from the baking process. I put them on the plate and put the casserole on top. Yummy!
May 14, 2019
I added Picante sauce to the refried beans which added a little zip and much easier to spread .
May 14, 2019
It would be nice if we could print some of your recipes rather than writing them down..