Taco Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + standing
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, green chilies, taco seasoning, onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and taco sauce. Garnish with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Mar 31, 2017
What a great alternative on Taco Tuesday! My family loved this. I actually made it ahead and just tossed it in the oven when I got home from work.
Feb 11, 2017
I added corn and black beans.
Aug 25, 2015
Pretty good, will probably make again sometime
Nov 7, 2014
Pretty good but not my style of food
Oct 27, 2013
This was great!! It would be good with corn & black beans added too!
Apr 9, 2013
I used 1 lb ground beef and 1 can refried beans. I also increased the noodles to 3 cups. Could probably use a little more. This was really good and really easy.
Jan 17, 2013
excellent taste and easy to make
Jan 10, 2013
A bit spicy for us. Will add more noodles. Great recipe. Thanks
Jan 9, 2013
Excellent! What more can I say!