Layered Taco Salad
I invented this taco salad to make my kids happy. Make it with ground beef, ground turkey or ground chicken and it's equally good. —Betty Nickels, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 70 chips)
- 12 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 large sweet yellow or red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Sprinkle taco seasoning over beef; stir to combine. In a small bowl, mix salsa and lime juice.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a serving platter; layer with lettuce, tomatoes, beans, cheese, yellow pepper, beef mixture, onion, salsa mixture and sour cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 442 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.