Layered Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh dill
- In a large salad bowl, layer the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, snipped dill, basil, salt and pepper; carefully spread over salad.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. If desired, top with additional dill.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 14, 2014
All the layers in this salad make it pretty to serve. I really like the taste of the dressing on the top. I also like that all the ingredients can be tasted and enjoyed but none stands out more than the others. When I made it I left out the parsley layer.
Jul 13, 2013
Nov 22, 2011
Turned out fabulous. I received several compliments on this and will definitely will make again.
Sep 15, 2008
I use lettuce, fresh spinach, swiss cheese, peas, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and onion. Alternating layers. Very pretty presentation.
Jul 18, 2008
thank you taste of home, I had googled this and Kraft foods counld not come up with the recipe. Just got to love you Taste of Home.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.