Layered Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional fresh dill
- In a large salad bowl, layer the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, snipped dill, basil, salt and pepper; carefully spread over salad.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. If desired, top with additional dill.
Mar 10, 2019
I make this exactly as written and it is delicious. Even my little kids and vegetable averse husband love it. I often take it to potlucks and serve it at family events where I am hosting. Rarely go home with any leftovers.
Apr 14, 2014
All the layers in this salad make it pretty to serve. I really like the taste of the dressing on the top. I also like that all the ingredients can be tasted and enjoyed but none stands out more than the others. When I made it I left out the parsley layer.
Jul 13, 2013
Nov 22, 2011
Turned out fabulous. I received several compliments on this and will definitely will make again.
Sep 15, 2008
I use lettuce, fresh spinach, swiss cheese, peas, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and onion. Alternating layers. Very pretty presentation.
Jul 18, 2008
thank you taste of home, I had googled this and Kraft foods counld not come up with the recipe. Just got to love you Taste of Home.