Layered Broccoli Salad
Everyone enjoys this simple salad with dinner. The layers look festive, and the crisp broccoli, sunflower seeds and bacon are a nice contrast to the chewy bits of dried cranberries.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large glass bowl, layer the broccoli, onion and cranberries. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with cheese, sunflower kernels and bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Broccoli Salad in Country Woman October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.