Layered Grilled Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 10 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Brush corn with oil. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Cut corn from cobs; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and pepper flakes. In a 2-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of each of the following: corn, tomatoes, onion and basil. Repeat layers twice. Pour dressing over top; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 31, 2014
I didn't grill the corn, just cooked my usual way--start in cold water and bring to a boil for a minute or so and it's done. Don't over cook. I took the seeds out of the fresh tomatoes from my garden and used a couple extra. Chopped the onion and used more fresh basil than called for. Used Good Seasons Italian dressing. It's a wonderful salad and I will make again and again when corn and tomatoes are fresh from the garden. Family thought it was great.
Jun 21, 2014
Wonderful salad! Perfect when your garden is flourishing with tomatoes. I browned the frozen corn in the skillet instead of grilling fresh corn for ease and that worked great. I will be repeating this recipe again. Thanks for sharing.