Contest-Winning Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1-1/2 cups water.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled casserole to freezer containers; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and microwave, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 315 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 3, 2018
All I could taste was stuffing mix. Would not make again, not sure how it was a contest winner. Very salty.
Oct 22, 2018
If a recipe isn't big enough for a 9x13 pan then why bother. To much sodium in a serving!!
Oct 8, 2018
Made as is and it was good. Not great. Second time around I cooked the chicken breast in the crockpot with the broccoli cheddar soup for 4 hours on high. SO much more flavorful.
Oct 3, 2018
Comment only: (I don't know how it tastes because I made it for someone else, I'm sure they will love it) but - it calls for an 11x7 pan and it barely covered the bottom of an 8x8.
Oct 1, 2018
This is a comment. It seems like it would be too salty with all of the salty products.
Jun 15, 2018
The whole family loved it.
May 19, 2018
Made this for a potluck last night and I thought it was very tasty. A previous reviewer thought it was a little dry so I added a soup can of milk to the chicken mixture. It turned out very creamy and smooth.
May 8, 2018
Very dry. Broccoli cheese soup had same recipe on can. Will not make again.
Apr 23, 2018
Seems to me a very poorly disguised attempt to plagiarize a published recipe, (Stove Top Stuffing). Hard to believe a magazine editor would allow this.
Apr 8, 2018
I enjoyed this recipe! Nice comfort food. The only change I made was cream of chicken soup since that's what I had on hand but definitely a keeper in my house. Granddaughters enjoyed as well.