Contest-Winning Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and ham.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
May 22, 2018
I used O’Brien frozen potatoes. Everyone loved this! A definite “keeper”!
Dec 28, 2017
Everyone seemed to like this dish except me. I thought it lacked seasoning.
Jun 27, 2017
This recipe is delightfully tasty and filling!!
May 25, 2017
This is a good casserole for a crowd for brunch. Easy to make and tasty. It did take me about an hour for it to be completely cooked.
Nov 22, 2011
A family favorite! Guests always ask for the recipe.
May 22, 2011
This is a great breakfast to make ahead of time for kids going to school. It could use a little kick, but I have one kid that won't eat spicy. You could always add some salsa while eating.
Dec 28, 2010
I made this casserole tonight for dinner. My husband and I thought it lacked something. It is very bland. Also the cooking time is off. It took 65 min in my new oven. Not sure I would ever make this again.
Oct 12, 2010
I made this for a brunch at church. I thought it was great as it is. My husband would prefer less potatoes and more ham. I will try with seasoned sausage next time.
May 23, 2010
Best breakfast casserole that I have ever made. I have even made it a day or so before and still turns out. I prefer bacon over the ham but everyone I have served, loves it!
Mar 24, 2010
This is a fabulous recipe and I have made it for 5o girls a camp and for church breakfasts and everyone raves about it!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.