Hash Brown Casserole for One
This is a scaled-down version of a wonderful casserole I traditionally serve at family get-togethers and holidays.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first two ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the soup mix and water; mix well. Add the sour cream, butter and onion. Stir soup mixture into the potato mixture. Place in a greased 12-oz. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
Originally published as Hash Brown Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook