Hash Brown Casserole for One
This is a scaled-down version of a wonderful casserole I traditionally serve at family get-togethers and holidays.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first two ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the soup mix and water; mix well. Add the sour cream, butter and onion. Stir soup mixture into the potato mixture. Place in a greased 12-oz. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
Originally published as Hash Brown Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.