Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, flour and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 231 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Apr 16, 2019
Has anyone tried subbing steamed cauliflower for the potatoes?
Oct 29, 2015
I first made this casserole a number of years ago and it has remained a family favourite ever since. My son requests it as an accompaniment to Chicken Kiev on his birthday every year. This is great with me because it's so fast and easy to make, everyone likes it, and any leftovers get eaten up quickly, usually the next day.
May 22, 2014
I omitted the flour and Parmesan cheese. This is a really good, basic recipe that can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Feb 5, 2014
Really quick, easy and good potato casserole! I was looking for one that used shredded hash browns since that was what I had on hand and this didn't disappoint!
Jun 24, 2013
A good basic recipe that is always a hit.
Jun 30, 2012
SUPER YUM! I didn't include the flour and I cook it on a greased/sprayed with pam cookie sheet so that it is crispier. A total family favorite! THANK YOU!
Jan 12, 2011
These were very good. I used cubed hash browns instead of shredded and they were a quick easy alternative to au gratin potatoes. We will definitely make these again.
Nov 16, 2010
I added Panko crumbs to topping.Easy and Good
Jun 30, 2010
This recipe has become a standard for me. I think of it as an "easy" substitute for scalloped potatoes au gratin. I teach cooking classes and run a Community Center which offers a free lunch program weekly - this fits into my budget and is genuinely loved by all. I have given this recipe out more times than I can count. As a tip - if you don't have "creamy potato soup" on hand use mushroom soup - frankly I have never made it with the potato soup and everyone loves it!
Apr 13, 2010
And yes I will make this again and again!