Deluxe Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream onion dip
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in potatoes, cheese and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until golden brown, 50-60 minutes. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed until top is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, increasing time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 273 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2018
We love potato casseroles but did not care for the flavor of this. The sour cream onion dip and ranch dressing mix seem an odd combination. I will make it again but use plain sour cream.
Jun 9, 2018
Apr 2, 2018
Made this for a church potluck and it was one of the first dishes finished. I added more cheese and crumbled bacon to the top during the last 10 minutes of baking. Definitely a keeper.